Act. Write. Paint. Create.
Register for Orange City Arts winter-spring classes. Find your class HERE.
ORANGE CITY — Read and travel the stories of our place. Grab a friend and try your hand at drawing or painting. Write your memoir or a short drama, or create your own self-published magaZine. Do improv. Create edible works of art. Play with your food.
Or do it all, under the guidance of artists teaching classes sponsored by Orange City Arts. Classes offered follow. Or go here.
• SIPPIN’ & SKETCHIN’. High-schoolers & adults: learn the nuts & bolts of drawing with artist Alissa Sinclair… while sipping cider or hot chocolate at the Northwestern College Korver Art Center. Mar. 22, 29 and Apr. 5.
• SIOUXLAND 102. Read the stories of our neighborhood and see the places. Jim Schaap returns by popular demand, for another series in the history and culture of this part of the world. Mar. 29, Apr. 26, May 31, June 28, July 26.
• BEGINNING PAINTING… FOR KIDS! Paint & sip your way to a work of art on canvas, with artist Alissa Sinclair, at Old Factory. Shirley Temples included! Grades K-1 and 2-4. Mar. 19.
• THE ART OF FROSTING. Decorate Easter-themed cookies, under the guidance of the artists at A Piece of Cake in Le Mars, Michelle and Sam Bomgaars. Mar. 22, 23 or 26.
• ZINE MAKING. Create a self-published photocopied magaZine with Iowa artists Rachel Buse and Rob Stephens. Free workshop for high schoolers and up. Barn at Blue Mountain. Apr. 2.
• WOMEN’S WRITING FOR PERFORMANCE. Learn traditional elements and use personal experience to explore dramatic writing, taught by Lisa Schlesinger. Free. Women: college-age and up. Barn at Blue Mountain. Apr. 2.
Advance registration and payment are required. Register a week in advance for reduced fee. For more information, call 707-4885 or email orangecityartsIA@gmail.com.